Saturday 26 September 2015

Hearts and feathers table topper

I really fancied having a go at some free motion feathers. I found an interesting pattern on Leah Day's website called feathered hearts and decided to have a go. I had pieced together two log cabin blocks with a couple of plain green/blue blocks and needed to fill the plain areas with something interesting. Leah has some very good instructional video's for all her patterns and I found the video to this one particularly helpful, I drew two dividing lines with heat removable pen to split each of the plain blocks into 4 sections. In each section I repeated the feathered pattern. I quilted diagonal lines across the log cabin blocks and bound it with a blue/green fabric to complete the table topper. The free motion is not perfect, but I really enjoyed making it. I feel a little inspired to try out some more free motion patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment