Wednesday, 24 June 2015
I found this pattern at last years festival of quilts at the NEC, it is by Lynette Anderson. I fell in love with it straight away. I used some of Lynette's range of fabric to frame the design. I changed a couple of the colours but it is pretty close to the original design. It was originally meant to be a cushion cover. The pattern was well written and easy to follow. I would like to try some more embroidery in this style, it was great fun.
Saturday, 20 June 2015
At Drayton patchwork and quilters we have been making quilts in aid of the charity Linus. There has been a shortage of quilts made for teenage boys so I thought I would contribute. I have gone a bit mad with the skull theme! Hopefully they like it. Jean from the group had the squares that form the centre panel. We both thought that these would make a great teenage boy quilt. I made it a single bed size and added some free motion cobwebs. They were great fun!
Here is a close up of the free motion along the black side panels. I did this in black so as not to distract from the patterned fabric. The rest of the quilt is quilted stitch in the ditch.
I have got a few other projects to show you soon including a crochet ripple blanket inspired by Tilly trout (see her you tube videos on knitting and crochet, she makes some lovely things), some bobbin lace doilies and some gorgeous hot pink socks. Back soon.