Sunday 26 October 2014

Beaded kumihimo bracelets and hand spun winter woollies

I am really enjoyed making these beaded kumihimo bracelets. I had a play with some different beads, I especially liked using the long magatama beads shown in the middle. These bracelets will be for sale at Dilham village hall, home of the Worstead spinners, weavers and dyers on 6th December. Some of the proceeds will go to fundraising for the guild to do repairs to our building. There will also be lots of other spun, woven and dyed hand made items. The adjacent village hall will also be open with a Christmas fair with lots more crafty goodies and nice things to eat.

        

I have also made some cosy winter warmers made of handspun yarn to sell....


The brightly coloured hats and the cowl are made from merino. The light grey, cabled hat is made from Shetland fleece and the dark/light grey striped hat is made from a mixture of black welsh mountain and light grey Shetland fleece.  For more information on the patterns I used you can see my ravelry page Ellieb93.

I am now working on a mask for a masquerade ball in November, I thought of using a technique similar to Kathleen Laurel Sage's organza work, I will let you know how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment