Wednesday 11 September 2013

English paper piecing

I have had my first go at English paper piecing this month. I inherited the fabric so it was not what I normally would have chosen but I thought I would give it a go. I used both paper and card hexagon templates and I found that the paper ones were easier to work with. I cut the fabric to approximately a quarter inch larger than the hexagon papers. I folded the fabric over the hexagon paper and tacked it in place without knotting the cotton so the tacking was easier to remove. To join the hexagons I used whip stitch. Here are the hexagons I have joined so far, I am planning on adding straight boarders and some appliqué on top of the hexagons to cover some of the less attractive fabrics. I was thinking of making the lower one in to a Christmas theme quilt. I will keep you posted.











1 comment: