Friday, 21 June 2013

More foundation piecing for Linus

I was keen on improving my technique of foundation piecing so I have tried several more blocks. I think I have almost got the hang of it. I started with the house block. It would have looked better with a more cottage like brick weave but this was the only brick fabric I could find.

Next I tried out the flower. This was much easier than the house, I used up some scraps of fabric from my red stash.

Lastly, I tried the June Rose block. This is my favourite! I used the same fabric as the mouse I made earlier this week.

Monday, 17 June 2013

A little mouse!

One of the ladies from Drayton patchwork and quilters showed us how to make a cute little mouse! I am quite pleased with mine. However, the green eyes make it look a bit like an alien! A great way to use up some scraps. 

First attempt at foundation piecing

I have recently joined Drayton patchwork and quilters group. We are making blocks using foundation piecing method. These blocks will be later joined to make quilts for the charity Linus. Here are my first attempts!